Job Title: Program Director – Workforce Development
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Location: Inspiring Minds, 65 Pavilion Avenue, with travel to participating schools.
Reports to: Executive Director
General Description: The Program Director- Workforce Development will take the lead in planning and implementing workforce development programs in mentoring, education, and youth development careers. The Program Director is mission-focused, will achieve long and short-term goals and objectives, expand resources, and maintain quality and effectiveness in all activities and services.
The Program Director – Workforce Development is responsible for the program management of the Explorers program, which is designed for BIPOC and multilingual young adults whose career goal is to become a teacher in urban public schools. This includes developing and maintaining relationships with program stakeholders, program participants, and parents. This position supervises paid interns and off-campus work-study students.
In our programs, our participants will develop:
- A deeper understanding of available career options, career pathways, and decision points, including the connections between education and skills attainment, relevant experience, and career advancement.
- Deeper development of essential skills such as collaboration and teamwork, communication, critical thinking, problem-solving, initiative and self-management, and professionalism.
- Learn and understand work norms and culture.
- Build professional networks.
Only extraordinary people work here. Our goals are ambitious but achievable. We have high expectations for ourselves, our students, and our volunteers. We do whatever it takes to ethically achieve our mission. Our ideal candidate is someone who works hard and will have fun while dreaming big. Our ideal candidate possesses an influential and welcoming communication style, high integrity, and a positive attitude.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates a culture that inspires, is welcoming, and is inclusive.
- Develop and implement program plans and set goals and objectives that reflect our strategic direction.
- Develop and implement workforce development workshops focused on collaboration and teamwork, communication, critical thinking, problem-solving, initiative and self-management, and professionalism.
- Develop and maintain healthy, trusting relationships with program participants and their parents, participating schools, district staff, higher education institutions, corporations, and civic organizations. Communicate effectively with staff and stakeholders.
- Create strategies and implement participant recruitment, screening, training, support, recognition, and retention activities.
- Provide support to participants by removing barriers to enrollment, engagement, and continued participation.
- Complete hiring paperwork, supervise and mentor participants, set goals, and complete performance reviews for program participants.
- Ensure operations align with Inspiring Minds policies and protocols.
- Perform observations, providing constructive feedback to participants.
- Develop and implement systems, policies, and procedures that incorporate our values.
- Develop and implement systems of continuous improvement.
- Ensure program plans align with the Elements of Effective Practice for Mentors, School/district policy, and Inspiring Minds Standard Operating Procedures.
- Create and implement systems that support data-driven decision-making, including assessment tools and strategies.
- Collect and analyze data related to program participants. Create reports for stakeholders and communicate data stories to stakeholders.
- Appropriately use social media to update stakeholders and tell stories.
- Implements a system for gathering feedback from stakeholders. Determines and facilitates strategies to resolve issues and recognize and communicate good work.
Other Required Responsibilities
- Research and implement best practices in alignment with the PPSD Turnaround Action Plan. Must be up to date on current educational strategies implemented in Providence Public Schools and in our community.
- Support fundraising events.
- Miscellaneous clerical, office, and support duties, as assigned.
- Complete required background checks and a minimum of 10 hours of professional development focused on best practices in volunteer management.
- Participate in DEI/Antiracist strategy development.
- Minimum BA/BS in Human Services, Youth Development, Management, or Education preferred. While a degree is not required, we will accept experience and self-study demonstrating a clear understanding of urban education and the systems that affect urban schools, students, and families.
- A strong understanding of the BIPOC community, systems that impact our community, and the community resources available to support.
- An understanding of the teacher pathway, including alternative programs.
- Experience working in an urban setting with young adults 15-24
- Must have access to transportation, as this position requires visiting schools to observe and support program participants.
- Per state law, must pass a required national background check and DCYF CPS check yearly for working with children in a public school setting.
- Must have experience working within public school systems.
- Must have a minimum of one year of staff supervision, program development, and management experience.
- Bilingual-bicultural folks are encouraged to apply.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- A clear understanding of youth development, urban education, and the systems that affect urban schools, students, and families.
- Have working knowledge or the ability to quickly learn district policies and procedures, curricula, and current teaching and learning frameworks and practices.
- Organized and able to meet deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills.
The salary range for this position is $50,000-$60,000. Inspiring Minds offers healthcare, a simple IRA matched to 3%, group life, and LTD.
To apply, please email Melissa Emidy, Executive Director, email@example.com. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.